Hotmail, the email is one of the most used services today, has even come to replace other older services. Having an email account has become an indispensable requirement for life. Practically every day we need to send an email, send files, documents and likewise receive it; Either at work, at school, or even to do government paperwork.
It is a tool that Internet puts at our disposal to be able to communicate directly without importing the distance, nor the time zone, besides being an effective and free route. There are several free email services on the web; However, it is very important to carefully choose the mail client that best suits our needs.
One of the pioneers and worldwide recognition is Hotmail. It is definitely one of the most famous and used services. Hotmail allows a simple login from your login screen to create an account or simply open an existing one and view your messages from the Inbox.
In the last decade Microsoft has unified the services of Hotmail and Outlook.com in one, so it is possible to access the services of Outlook with an old Hotmail account.
The platform makes available to the user a number of advantages to be in contact in an effective way. However, to access all of them, the first thing you need to do is create a Hotmail email account.Sign in to Hotmail from a computerWell, you know how to create an account, so the next step is to learn is to "log in", so you should also go to this address, currently renamed to Outlook. It will show you an access screen, where you must enter your email, phone or Skype name.
In the next step, you have to enter the password and click on the button "login". If the supplied data is correct you will be able to access your inbox.
It is important to mention that when you create the password you use easy-to-remember characters, because it is the access key to your inbox. There will be times when you do not remember the key, but Hotmail you the option to recover, just click on "I forgot my password." This way, step by step Microsoft will assist you in recovering it. For this you must remember all the information you placed when registering.Sign in to Hotmail from an Android deviceThe first thing you have to do is install the application of this platform so you can access it more easily and quickly. The download can be done through ' Play Store ', in the search box you must enter ' Hotmail ' and try to download the official application.Once installed you can search by clicking on ' Applications ' or in the navigation menu located at the bottom of the Smartphone. Since this is the first time you use the application, you have to accept the license when you start it. You must enter your user name and password. You will go through various configuration windows: Alias, frequency of updating the Inbox, among others.
In the menu of navigation of the application of Hotmail for Android are all the options to work with your mail. You can find out what unread messages are, see the emails sent, which are in the Outbox, among others.
The following will be explained in more detail to serve the most important folders shown in the navigation menu, both on the computer and on the smartphone:
- Inbox: The mail received is shown in this folder. New or not yet read emails are highlighted in bold, up to the time they are read.
- Junk mail: In this tray will enter practically any mail that is considered as Spam or the advertisements of some sites. Here also usually enter the emails that send me some pages at the time of a registration, with it validate your registration, depending on the sender of that mail. So it's important to always check this folder.
- Drafts: At the time of writing a new mail, it is created in this folder as a draft until the time of sending it to the recipient, when it moves to the Sent Items tray.
- Shipped — stores all emails you send. In the case of not being sure if the mail was sent, with this folder you will be able to verify it.
- Trash bin: The mails that have been removed from the rest of the trays are stored here. The existence of this folder can be very helpful when deleting an email accidentally and need to recover it.
It is noteworthy that Hotmail, thanks to its unification with other products of Microsoft allows us to access products, like Skype, being able to send text messages to your Skype contacts while you are inside your email account, in addition to making video calls.
In this modern world and given the diversity of activities that are part of our lives, it is necessary to create several email accounts and thus have a better management of the information we share. In such a way, we can create an account for businesses, for leisure or games, personal issues, social networks, etc.
And in Hotmail is possible, with the same profile you can create multiple accounts by changing the email address and password.How to create a Hotmail email accountCreating a Hotmail Email account is very simple, just go to the official site www.hotmail.com and click on "Create a Microsoft account". Do not worry if the page that appears is that of Outlook, because as it was said before, it is simply the unification of the service between Hotmail and Outlook.Once you are in the section to create an account, you only have to choose your user name and click on the tab next to "@outlook. com". A drop-down list will be opened as shown below, and you can select "@hotmail. com" as the mail account.
So, the account will be as follows: Nombredeusuario@hotmail.com.
You only have to create a password, preferably long, with interleaved caps and alphanumeric characters.
Next, you will be asked to complete some personal information such as: Names, surnames, country, date of birth, among others.
You must enter a phone number, where you will get an access code. and ready! You will already have access to your email account from any computer or other device.Hotmail Benefits
- You don't have to be very versed in the subject to open a Hotmail email account. Its record format is simple and easy to use.
- It has an easy to understand and functional interface. With Hotmail you can easily recover the deleted emails by clicking on the option "lost a message".
- For most people storage of information is very important, as there are documents, photos that need to be archived and are handy when needed. Hotmail has a storage capacity of up to 5GB, and the best thing is that it allows to save the information giving priority to its importance, in such a way that, with a keyword it is localizable in a quick way.
- As for security, Hotmail is the only email service that gives a relative peace of mind when sharing important information via e-mail.
- Hotmail allows to integrate other email accounts like Yahoo, Gmail, among others, and view them from your Inbox as connected accounts, so that you can see their content without leaving Hotmail. It also allows you to import contacts from one account to another easily.
- It offers you a series of applications that facilitates the reception and sending of emails, as well as your organization.
- The most used social networks are integrated, so you can stay connected all the time with your contacts, receiving notifications of updates of your contacts in each of them. Its application is available for mobile devices and in different operating systems.
- With Hotmail you can access other Microsoft products such as Sky Drive, being able to store files in the cloud; You can make video calls via Skype; You have access to the online document editor in Word, Excel or Power Point.
- Hotmail has a built-in calendar that allows you to organize your agenda effectively.
- Its constant updates make it easier to use, thanks to the incorporation of new functions that go along with the technological evolution.
What is Hotmail?
Windows Live Hotmail Messenger provides A-level security with the use of HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS). Now, if you are not familiar with HTTPS, this is basically saying that messages sent or received through Windows Live Hotmail is encrypted, thereby securing your information from unwanted listeners or hackers. For customers, your personal information is important and you should be at ease when sending and retrieving your personal content. (Wikipedia)
Windows Live Hotmail is more than just sending and receiving email messages. Once you are a current account holder of a Hotmail account, your email account is used as your Windows Live ID thereby allowing you to experience a variety of services offered by Microsoft. This and the fact that you can access your account anywhere, at any time and from any location from your mobile device or from your Windows or Mac computer. Mobile technology has gone through great leaps and bounds for users to enjoy and take full advantage of being mobile. Enjoy this experience with a Windows Live Hotmail account.
How to sign in to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com?
Your Hotmail email account can be accessed via your mobile device or through a web browser from your Windows computer or Mac OS computer. The set of instructions provided below will guide you through the login process.
Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser
- Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail login in english: https://login.live.com/
How do I change my Hotmail password?
For most people keeping the information that is handled in the mail well-guarded is very important, thereby preventing such information from reaching unscrupulous hands. For this reason, to avoid the vulnerability of your email accounts is advisable the periodic change of passwords. And it can be done in 5 simple steps:
- You must log in to your Hotmail account, then click on the profile photo and select the "View account" option.
- Then click on "Update", in the security part. And then you have to click on "Change Password".
- You will receive a security code on your mobile phone or alternative mail (depending on how you stipulate), this in order to verify your identity, code that you must register and click on "Send Code".
Once you have verified your identity, enter your current password and create the new password, which will be asked to confirm. By clicking on "Next" you will receive an email confirming the change of password. It is advisable if you have many email accounts in different services, to have a backup of all the passwords, to avoid a little more cumbersome processes.What if I forgot my Hotmail password?Forgetting the email password is a very annoying thing, but it happens very often, especially if you put a password too difficult, too long or you have time without going into the account.
Fortunately, Microsoft has an integrated option to retrieve the mail password. When you log in, you only have to click on "I forgot my password".This will take you to a panel with several options. You must select "I forgot my password". To continue the process you have to fill in a CAPTCHA to authenticate that you are human.
Finally you will arrive at the last step, Microsoft sends a code to your mobile associated to the account. After entering the code, you will be able to change the password to a new one and enter again to your mail.How do I configure my browser correctly for Hotmail?Basically it's about allowing site cookies for your browser, whatever it is. The first thing you have to do is start your browser, you have to click on "Tools" in the main menu bar.Go through the options and click on "Internet Options", you must select the tab "privacy". Moves the scroll bar to the bottom to "Allow all cookies". Finally you have to click on the "OK" button.
When do I start using the Hotmail account with Outlook means that I have a new account?Updating the account does not mean you will have a new account. This is the same Hotmail account. At some point in the future all Hotmail users will be migrated to Outlook.What do I need to do to have a mail account with Outlook domain?If you have already upgraded to Outlook you may want a new account in the @outlook domain. This is optional and you can always use the service with your current Hotmail.com account.
There are two alternatives to have a new direction @outlook; The first is to create an alias for your Hotmail account, where you can give a new email account with the Outlook domain, but the messages will reach your @hotmail. com account as always and you will be able to send emails from any of the two accounts. The second alternative is to rename your account.Can I book an Outlook address?Yes, in fact it is the most advisable. To book an address you must create an alias. You can move to the new Outlook mail design and continue using your Hotmail address as the main.An alias is an alternative email address for use with people or in places where you don't want to give your primary address. From this address you can receive and send emails. Although you cannot log in to Outlook with an alias.Is information lost when moving from Hotmail to Outlook?All the information will be passed to the new Outlook interface. You will not lose anything, or emails, contacts or appointments in your calendar. The classification of Inbox folders, message categories, and other organization rules is maintained.Frequent problems
Logon failedOne of the most frequent errors that users come to for help to Microsoft is when the famous "logon ERROR" comes out.
Usually this problem is presented by technical failures of the page, due to temporary problems, where Microsoft tries to solve it as quickly as possible.
If at any time you are presented with this situation, you can check the status of the network through this link:
https://status.live.com. Under the "Tasks" bar, select the option that says "network status", you must choose Windows Live ID and if it says: "All systems work, no problems at this time continues with the next step", means that you can make use of your account without Inconvenience.
If it says, "Windows Live servers are unavailable. Maintenance is being done, "it's because the engineering team is still working to solve the inconvenience.
Attempting to logon to another device
Sometimes Hotmail asks you to verify your identity through a security challenge when logging on, this happens when you have spent a lot of time without modifying your security information or when trying to access from a new device.
Based on this, each time you enter an unknown computer will appear a message, because security is recognized IP trusted. You must confirm your identity by means of a code that is sent to your alternate account.
Verification of security information change
Sometimes when you sign in to your Hotmail account you are asked to check if you have changed the security information through a security code.
Hotmail Once you have requested a change of security information, it will take 30 days to avoid hackers. When you go to your account you need to confirm that you have been, who requested the change of information, so you can access, but for 30 days you will not be able to modify any security information, including the password.
To make the request for change of security information you must perform the following steps:
- Log in to your account settings.
- Click Security.
- Select the option of your choice to receive a security code. (text message, call, send to an email, or no longer have any of these).
- If you only show the option in which you are presenting inconveniences select "I have none of these."
- If you do not have the recovery code (25 characters), click No.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to add and verify the new security information.
- In the "Where can we contact you?" option, enter an email to which you have access, avoid using corporate or private domain emails.
- The mail you just entered will come with a message that says: "Replacement of security information", and will send you to "continue" click there.
- It will send you to a page that will request the account you want to change the security information, Ingrésala and click "Next".
- This will allow you to log in normally to your email account and will report you a "wait" date to make the change of information.
- Enter again with your account (which you want to change the information).
- Click on "If I Was Me" and click on "Next.
- If you recognize the mail that shows you, click "I found my Information" otherwise click "Next".
- If you receive the verification code to your alternate mail or associated phone number, click Next, and you can access and modify all your security information, I recommend you select all the fields in the option "Change alert Options" after Correct, edit or delete your accounts and associated numbers.
Discover Hotmail PasswordOne of the uncertainties that most arises among users is to know if anyone can discover your email password. And the clear answer is that it is not possible, there is no special technique to achieve this, nor with any hacker program to get passwords. Maybe there's a couple of computer geeks that can violate the system, but it's not common.
Maybe it has happened to you, that you have stolen the password and you will wonder how they did and maybe it is due to the following:
- They discovered the secret answer to your question.
- The password was perhaps simple and easy to deduce.
- When opening mail in sites such as cybercafes or unknown machines, you risk that they are infected with all kinds of viruses, trojans and spies, thus obtaining our password.
- Your machine may also be infected with spies to some other malicious program.