How to Sign Up for a Hotmail (Outlook) accountIf you don’t have an account with Hotmail yet, you can get one within minutes. Basically, this will allow you to get an email address with the appealing “outlook.com” and gain access to all the services from Microsoft. All in all, follow our guidelines from this section and register a Hotmail account.
- You can start the entire process by opening a new tab in the browser and going to the following webpage: https://outlook.com/.
- On the website of Outlook, you will get to see several huge buttons, placed right in the center of the webpage. At that point, you must click on the “Create free account” button.
- Right after that, you will see the Hotmail sign up form. At first, you must make up a username for your account and type it in the given field. Then, click on the “Next” button.
- Next, you should set up a secure password for your Hotmail account. Type that password in the provided field and click on the “Next” button.
- Immediately after that, Microsoft will require to enter your real name on the next page. Type your first and last name in the given fields and click on “Next.”
- The following page will require you to add some details about yourself. Thus, select your country in the first field and specify your birthdate in the following fields.
- After all, you will get to see the page with a Captcha code. Enter the symbols that you see on the Captcha in the provided field and click on the “Next” button.
- Eventually, your Hotmail account will be created. Now, you have to customize your new account. At first, you must click on the “Next” button (it is placed in the right side in a form of a “pointer”).
- Following it, select your language and timezone. Then click on the “Next” again.
- Next, you will be offered to choose a theme for your new Hotmail account. Select the one that appeals to you and click on the “Next” button again.
- After all, you will be able to set up a signature for your account. At the end, click on the “Next” button again.
- In a moment, you will access the inbox of your newly created Hotmail account. Now, you can use that account in any way you want.
How to Link Mobile Phone to Your Account
You are able to link your mobile phone number to your Hotmail account. That will actually help you to keep your account secure. Also, you will get a tool that you will help you to recover the password of your account if there will be such a need. In this part of our guide, we will show you how to link your Hotmail account and make it safer.
- In the first place, you have to launch another tab in the browser and go to the Outlook webpage: https://outlook.com/.
- On the webpage that you have just opened, you will see the sign in form. At first, you must enter your email address in the given field. Click on the “Next” button.
- Next, type the password of your Hotmail account in the provided field and click on the “Sign in” button.
- After accessing your inbox, you can click on the button of your account’s settings – you can find it in the right-upper corner. If you have just created your account, chances are that Microsoft will come up with an undismissable window and a requirement to link your account to a phone number or an email address.
- In that window, you have to select “A phone number” in the first field.
- Next, you have to choose your country in the second field and type your phone number in the third. After all, you should choose how you want to receive a verification code: via a text SMS or via a phone call. Then, click on the “Next” button.
- Once you have received a verification code onto your phone, type it in the provided field and click on the “Next” button.
- Eventually, you will be asked to verify your identity before logging in to your account. Click on the identification option, receive a verification code on your mobile phone once again, and type that code in the given field. After that, you will access your Hotmail account.
How to Link a Secondary Email Address to Your Outlook AccountInstead of linking your Hotmail account to a phone number (due to the privacy reasons), you may consider that it would be safer to link it to an email address. This will help you make your Hotmail account more protected while avoiding providing your phone number. Learn here how to link your Hotmail account to another email address:
- Once again, start by launching a new tab in the browser and accessing the following website: https://outlook.com/.
- On the Outlook website, type your email address in the given form and click on “Next.”
- Then, enter your password in the provided field and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Once you have accessed your Hotmail inbox, you should click on the profile icon – it can be found in the right-upper corner of the page.
- In a menu that you have just triggered, you must select “Edit profile.”
- Following it, you will get to see the webpage of your Microsoft account settings. In the menu that you will get to see at the top of the page, you must select “Security.”
- On the page of your account’s security settings, you will get to see three large blocks: you need to click on “UPDATE INFO.”
- Next, you must select the “An alternate email address” option in the first field. Type that email address in the second field and click on “Next.”
- Following it, you will get a security code on that email address. Type it in the provided field on the Hotmail page and click on “Next.”
- Now, you have just linked your Hotmail account to another email address. You will be able to use it for recovering your account in the future.
Hotmail Sign Up ProblemsThere are a variety of problems that you may face while attempting to sign up for Hotmail. We have done our best in order to research the most common issues and come up with solutions to them, and you can find them here.
I don’t want to link my Hotmail account to a phone number or another email address. Unfortunately, Hotmail literally forces the users to do it. After you access your Hotmail account for the first time, Hotmail displays a pop-up window that requires you to link your account to a phone number/email address. Unfortunately, there is no way how you can avoid it. We recommend you that, at least, you can provide a fake email address.
I want to create another Hotmail account. As a matter of fact, you can create as many Hotmail accounts as you want. There isn't any prohibition in that regard. Please, follow the guidelines from the first section of this guide and create a new account. You will be able to access both accounts anytime.
How to Add a SignatureIf you haven’t specified a signature when you were signing up for Hotmail but now you have changed your mind, skip your worries. At this stage of our Hotmail sign up guide, we will show you how to change your Hotmail signature.
- At first, go to the Outlook webpage in the browser: https://outlook.com/.
- On the webpage of Outlook, enter your email address in the given field and click on “Next.”
- Then, type your password in the provided field of the login form and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Next, you have to click on the “Options” button, which can be found in the right-upper corner of the page.
- In a menu that you have just triggered, you have to click on “View all Outlook settings.”
- On the page of your Outlook account’s settings, you must select “Compose and reply.”
- Then, you will get to see the page where you can set up a signature for your Hotmail account. Create a signature you want there and click on the “Save” button at the end.
Questions and AnswersQ: How to sign up for a second Hotmail account?
At first, you must log out of your first Hotmail account. Then, just access the Outlook website once again and select “Create Account” instead of logging in to your first account.
Q: Why can’t I sign up for Hotmail?
First of all, make sure that the username you are specifying is not taken by anyone else. Secondly, make sure that you provide an eligible age (only customers aged 13 or over can get a Hotmail account). Also, ensure that you enter the symbols from the Captcha code correctly.
Q: How to sign up for Hotmail without a phone number?
Basically, this is very simple. Hotmail doesn’t require you to link your email address to a phone number, but it does require you to link to a phone number OR an email address. Therefore, link your Hotmail account to another email address, and the problem will be solved.