How to Sign In To Hotmail.com /OutlookThere are two ways how you can sign in to your Hotmail account: on a PC or on a smartphone or other mobile device (such as a tablet). In this part of our guide, we will provide hands-on instructions on how to log in to your Outlook account without any problems. In this simple way, you will learn how to do without any problems.
Login to Hotmail With PCThe easiest way to access your Hotmail account is to do so on a PC or laptop. The entire login process may take as little as a couple of seconds, and you will definitely face no difficulties while attempting to login to your account. Enjoy!
- Start the entire procedure by opening another tab in the browser and accessing the following website: https://outlook.live.com/owa/.
- Once you have got to see the Outlook webpage, you will get to see a window, offering you to log in to your Hotmail account.
- There, you must type your email address in the given field and click on the “Next” button.
- Following it, you must enter the password of your Hotmail account in the next field and click on the “Sign in” button.
- In the next moment, you will access your Hotmail account (in case you have entered all the details correctly).
Login to Hotmail With Mobile DeviceThe easiest way to log in to your Hotmail account on a mobile device is to do so via a mobile app. Therefore, we recommend you to install the necessary apps: Outlook for Android or Outlook for Apple. Once the app is installed, you will be able to log in to your Hotmail account.
- Before you will start the Hotmail login process, you must find the icon of the Hotmail app on your smartphone and click on it.
- Then, you will get to see the main page of that app. There, you need to click on the “GET STARTED” button.
- Following it, the app will offer you to connect it to the Google account. Instead of doing it, you should click on the “SKIP” text button.
- Next, you must type your Hotmail address in the provided field on the next page. Click on the “CONTINUE” text button.
- On the next page, you must enter your password in the provided field. Then, click on the “Sign in” button after that.
- If you have a 2-step verification turned on, you will have to do a few steps more (if not, skip these instructions). Type the last four digits of your phone number in the provided field and click on “Send” code.
- After receiving the confirmation code, enter it in the provided field and click on the “Verify” button.
- In the end, you will get to see a notification that you have just succeeded to add your Hotmail account. At that point, click on the “Skip” button again.
- Eventually, you will get to see the inbox of your Hotmail account – you have just succeeded to complete the Hotmail login procedure.
How to Enable Hotmail 2-Step VerificationEvery major email service provider offers its customers to enable the 2-step verification feature. As a matter of fact, it significantly increases the security of your account, whereas you will have to use your mobile phone each time you will have to log in to your account. At this point of our guide, we will provide you with the instructions on how to enable this feature.
- At first, you must launch a new tab in your browser and access the Outlook website: https://outlook.com/.
- There, you will get to see the Hotmail sign in form. Start accessing your account by typing your email address there and clicking on the “Next” button.
- The next step of yours must be to enter your password in the provided field. Then, click on “Sign in.”
- Eventually, you will access your Hotmail inbox. At that point, you must click on your profile icon, which is placed in the right-upper corner of that page.
- In a pop-up menu that you have just triggered, you must click on the “Edit profile” option.
- Now, you have just accessed the page of your profile on Microsoft. In the menu at the top, you must click on the “Security” section.
- On the next page, you will get to see a few options. Instead of selecting them, click on the “more security options” text button (you can find it at the bottom of the page).
- The following page will contain different settings. You need to click on the “Set up two-step verification” text button.
- Right after that, you should click on “Next” on the next page.
- There are a few ways how you can verify your identity: an app, a mobile phone, and an email address (we, however, recommend you to use your mobile phone). Select a way how you want to verify the identity.
- Next, type the remaining information. For instance, you should select your country and type your phone number if you selected “mobile phone.” Also, select whether you want to receive it as SMS messages or via phone calls. Click on the “Next” button.
- After doing so, you will receive a verification code. Type that verification code in the provided field and click on the “Next” button.
- Following it, you will get to see a page with a notification that you have just enabled the 2-step verification. Keep in mind that you will get to see a recovery code there as well! Type or print that recovery code and keep it in a safe place.
Hotmail Sign In ProblemsThere certain problems that you may face when attempting to login to your Hotmail.com account. This part of our Hotmail sign in guide contains situations that have been frequently faced by other users. Also, we will provide solutions to such problems, so you can avoid them at all.
My Hotmail account has been blocked. If Microsoft has blocked or suspended your account temporarily, the chances are that it has been misused by someone, or its security has been compromised. In order to unblock your account, you need to click on the “Continue” button. Then, there are two ways how you can confirm your identity: via your PC (if the account has been linked to it) or via a phone number. The latter option requires you to have access to the phone your account is linked to.
How to Sign OutIn case you have got to use your Hotmail account and you need to log out of your account, we have provided the instructions in this section of the page. Basically, this is the easiest thing and you will definitely face zero problems when doing it.
- Let’s suppose that you have already accessed your email inbox. If you still haven’t, then go to the Outlook.com page and access your Hotmail inbox.
- At that point, you must click on the profile icon, and you can find it in the right-upper corner of your inbox page.
- Now, you will notice that you have just prompted a pop-up menu. In that menu, you have to select the “Sign out” option.
- Immediately after that, you will be redirected to the webpage of MSN. This means that you have just successfully signed out of your Hotmail account.
Questions and AnswersQ: What is Hotmail?
Hotmail is an email service provider, which is currently owned by Microsoft and branded as Outlook. It appears to be one of the most popular email services, but Gmail has recently overtaken it as the world’s most popular email service.
Q: How do I sign in to a different Hotmail account?
At first, you need to log out of the first Hotmail account. For that, please follow the guidelines from the “How to Sign Out” section. After that, you can log in to a different Hotmail account – you can find these instructions in the “Login to Hotmail With PC” section of our Hotmail login guide.
Q: Why can’t I sign in to my Hotmail account?
There may be various reasons. However, it is more likely that you have lost or forgotten your password. For that purpose, please use a recovery email address or phone number for recovering your password. Then, you will be able to set up a new password for your account and access it.